Prior to her being elected to the European Parliament for 5 years between 1999 and 2004, for more than 20 years, Jacqueline worked in the Airline Industry for British Airways.
For 10 of those years she was also Deputy General Secretary of the Independent Airline Trades Union, Cabin Crew ’89 where she specialised in UK employment law and negotiated employment contracts and industrial agreements. She also spent 4 years working in Austria for a UK travel company as an Area manager, responsible for their Austrian operation.
Unfortunately, she was not returned to the Parliament in 2004 and became a Consultant and Advisor to the European Aerospace Industry in Brussels. She represents the interests of the major companies in the UK and Europe and uses her experience and expertise to ensure that they can continue to compete globally.
Jacqueline was born and educated in Liverpool and now lives on the Wirral.
Her hobbies include tennis and skiing and she enjoys exercising her two Bouvier dogs called Will and Grace.
She is a member of the Carlton Club in London, the Royal Aeronautical Society – Brussels Branch and the European Aviation Club in Brussels.
During her time as a Member of the European Parliament from 1999 to 2004, Jacqueline was Conservative Transport Spokesman, a Member of the Industry Committee, a Member of the Sky & Space Parliamentary Intergroup, Chairman of the Backbench Committee, Parliament Group negotiator on Zimbabwe as a Member of the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly. She also actively supported and liaised with the Foot & Mouth Committee of Enquiry and was a Member of the Animal Welfare Parliamentary Intergroup.
She was the Parliamentary Candidate for Peterborough in 1997 and for Newham South, East London in 1992.
Jacqueline’s political priorities, in brief, are:
- To represent the North West in the European Parliament again.
- To overturn the promise, at the last General Election, by both the Labour Government and the Lib Dems not to hold a Referendum on the Lisbon Treaty and ….
- To continue to fight for a Referendum on the Treaty.
- To be “in Europe not run by Europe”
- To return a Conservative Government to power.
- To keep the Pound.
- To continue our pledge to crack down on fraud, fight federalism and the creation of a European Superstate.
- To continue the fight of over regulation and to cut red tape – to enable our large and small businesses in the NW to succeed.
- To continue to hold the European Commission to account.
14b Wynford Square, West Ashton St., Salford M50 2SN
Telephone: 07721 374423